Star Join our Happy Customers

We’re committed to finding our customers the cover they need at the right price. Talk to 1st Choice Insurance, we’ve got you covered!

"Any changes to our insurance are put in place quickly and painlessly. Great customer service."
K Fellows - K Fellows
Ready to get your quote? Get a Quote or Request Callback
  0800 078 7002  0300 600 0600
What you need to know
How old do you have to be for traders insurance?
Are there any restrictions on an under 25 motor traders policy?

To take out a motor traders insurance policy you need to have a valid UK or European drivers license for at least 12 months, meaning you also need to be at least 18.

However, you may find that in a lot of cases, someone under the age of 23 will find it difficult to get motor traders insurance due to the risks.

You may find that, to reduce the risk of insuring a young motor trader, some insurance companies will put restrictions on the insurance policy, such as not being allowed  to drive vehicles that exceed a certain engine capacity.

Be sure to check the small print of your insurance policy as to not get restrictions that wouldn’t suit your business.