Firstly, check everyone is okay. If not, dial 999 for the emergency services and apply first aid until they arrive.
Unless they are seriously injured, you need to make a decision whether to move everyone else to a safe place away from the roadside and further danger.
If you have a camera or a phone with a camera app, take photographs of the scene and the vehicles involved.
If you have your Glovebox Accident Report Form in the vehicle, use this to record full details of the incident.
- Full names and addresses of all parties involved including witnesses
- Registration numbers and brief description (e.g. make, model and colour) of all vehicles involved
- Name of other party’s insurers – and policy number if they have it to hand
- Time and location of the incident
- Brief description of the incident
Motor insurance claims should be reported as soon as possible. Make sure you know where your policy documents are in order to reference your policy number.
In the event of an accident you should call 0844 848 1200 and the experienced team will efficiently manage all aspects of your claim on your behalf, to minimise disruption to you.