Professional Indemnity Claims
If mistakes are made whilst providing professional services, advice or designs to a client, your client can then take legal action against you for the mistakes made. Professional Indemnity Insurance is what pays the legal costs as well as any compensation payments against you. If Professional Indemnity Insurance wasn’t put in place, you would then have to pay any expenses held against you out of your finances.
To understand more about Professional Indemnity Insurance CLICK HERE.
Examples of Professional Indemnity claims include;
- Losing any type of money/goods- When a client uses you / your business they should have a relatively high amount of trust in you to keep their goods safe, if a scenario happens and you were to lose their belongings they then have the right to sue you.
- Professional negligence – When a client speaks to a ‘professionalism’ they are likely to expect high standard professional advice, if they are to fail to provide this and are let down there may be consequences, for instance; financial loss. The client then has a right to hold a claim against the ‘professional’ for leaving them worse off in the long term.
- Breaking laws put on others work e.g.; intellectual property, copyright- If using someone’s work without asking for permission from the owner/creator of the asset, you are likely to be expected to pay some type of fee or may even be prosecuted.
- Losing any type of client’s data – When losing any type of client’s data there is then a high risk of somebody else accessing their data/documents. If the documents contain any type of confidential data, the client is then likely to hold a claim against you.
- Defamation – Libel and Slander insurance covers you against a lawsuit where someone feels you have said or written something false against them. If what they’ve said has consequences and for instance; ruins the reputation of the company. They can then sue you.
Get Professional Indemnity Insurance Advice
We offer a fantastic service, flexible payment options, documentation via email and instant cover. Let us take care of searching the panel of insurers for you to find your perfect policy, and save yourself time and money! If you’re looking for Professional Indemnity Insurance cover, 1st Choice Insurance is here to help. Call our friendly, experienced team on 0800 078 7003 – 0300 600 0603 for a no-obligation quotation or use our Get a Quote Form.