Compare Home Contents Insurance

Home Contents Insurance

Our team at 1st Choice Insurance believes that everyone deserves great value on their home contents insurance policies, which is why we offer great value for money with incredible savings. Call us today on 0800 078 7003 – 0300 600 0603 or complete our Get a Quote Form.

Home Contents insurance from 1st Choice Insurance is exactly what the name suggests. A stand-alone contents insurance policy covers ‘personal’ possessions and valuables that are not part of the property’s structure or permanent fixtures or fittings against accidents, loss and theft.

What Home Contents Insurance Covers

This might include furniture, clothing, jewellery, kitchen equipment, large appliances, household goods, electrical items (TVs, DVD & BluRay players) and more. If your chosen policy doesn’t cover items which are often taken out of the home, e.g. cameras, phones, iPads, laptops, bikes, jewellery, there is usually the possibility to have add-ons to the policy to cover these items.

You should check your policy details carefully to see whether contents include carpets and flooring and the contents of outside buildings such as sheds, garages or garden.

In recent times, digital downloads have increased in popularity and you should ensure that your policy covers you for their loss if this aspect is important to you.

Get a Quote

  • DD slash MM slash YYYY
  • DD slash MM slash YYYY
  • By submitting this form you agree to our Terms & Conditions & Privacy Policy

Good to know

Contents-only policies are popular with people who rent their property as it is usually the Landlord who is responsible for taking out buildings insurance, however, you should check with your Landlord what cover they have in place, particularly with part-furnished properties.

When you call 1st Choice Insurance for a quotation, you will be asked to estimate the value of your contents. This is to ensure that you are not over-or under-insured. There are a number of online calculators which can assist you with this. Alternatively, you can make a list yourself by going room to room and making a note of the estimated values of items. Don’t forget items that may be stored in the loft – some policies will also cover items in the garden, shed or garage too.

Items with a value in excess of £1000 will often need to be specified and we will establish with you whether you also require cover for personal possessions away from the home (e.g. jewellery or cameras).

Indemnity policies are usually cheaper as they take wear and tear of contents into consideration in the event of a claim. However, many policies offer replacement protection on a new-for-old basis. You should carefully consider the basis on which you wish to cover your contents.

Get a home contents insurance quote today

Whether you are a homeowner or renting a property, we have a wide range of policies to suit your needs. At 1st Choice Insurance, we want to help you find the right cover at a great price for your Buildings Insurance. Call us today on 0800 078 7003 – 0300 600 0603 for a quotation or complete our Get a Quote Form to request a call back from a member of the team.