Quick Guide To Plumbing Insurance

If you’re a tradesman working in plumbing and heating, you’ll know how important it is to be confident that you’ll be able to keep your business running whatever the future holds. Tradesman insurance which includes plumbing insurance gives plumbers and heating engineers the peace of mind that they’ll be covered should anything happen to affect their business.

Whether you’re a sole trader or limited company, working with domestic or commercial plumbing and heating, here’s what you need to know about finding the right insurance cover for your plumbing or heating business.

Public liability insurance for the plumbing and heating trade

While you may not be having to worry about members of the public coming to a fixed premises, you’ll still need public liability insurance in case you find yourself liable for an accident caused while you’re working on someone else’s property.

There are different kinds of public liability cover depending on where you’re working, so make sure you choose the right one for your business.

You’ll need domestic cover if you’re only working in people’s private homes, or domestic and light commercial if you’re also going to be working in shops, restaurants and so on.

You’ll need commercial cover if you only work on commercial premises, though bear in mind that there may be some kinds of more hazardous working environments (such as airports, mines or power stations) not covered under a standard policy.

Other types of plumbing insurance cover

Your tools are vital for your work, and they’re often an expensive investment, so what would happen if:

Your tools were stolen or damaged?

How much would they cost to replace?

Tool insurance covers the loss, theft or damage of your tools from your home or van, so it’s good to have a rough idea of how much you’d need to spend on replacing them should the worst happen.

You might also want to consider personal accident cover to help if you get injured while you’re on a job, as well as legal expenses insurance to cover you in case you’re held liable for financial losses incurred by your customers due to a mistake you’ve made in your work.

Commercial vehicle insurance. As the nature of most plumbing work, you’ll likely need to make your way to various locations, meaning that sort of transport will be required to get yourself to and from jobs. The vehicle you drive will need insuring, and as it’s used for business purposes, you will require a commercial vehicle insurance policy for it.

Finally, If you employ staff, you’ll also be needing employers’ liability insurance to cover you if one of your employees is injured or causes an accident involving the public while working for you.

Get a quote for plumbing insurance

Contact us for a bespoke tradesman insurance quote to find a policy that’s right for you and your business. Speak to one of our business insurance experts on [tracker-toll-free-phone], or fill in our Get a Quote form for a no-obligation quote.