Compare Road Risk Insurance

Road Risk Insurance

Our road risk insurance policy is perfect for motor traders who do not require a more comprehensive combined policy. Road risk insurance covers the day to day risks or transporting customers vehicles on the road. Whatever your needs, talk to us for a cheap road risk insurance quote!

What is Road Risk Insurance?

This insurance covers you to drive vehicles that you do not own but may have to drive to carry out your business. This could be moving a customer vehicle from their home to your garage, to another location to carry out repairs or to drive a new car bought from auction to your home. If you are involved in an accident on the road such as a crash, road risk insurance will cover the costs of your claim. We offer all the 3 main levels of cover in our road risk policy types. These are:

  • Third party only: covers damage to other people and their property in the event of an accident. For example, you may reverse your car into another car, with third party only insurance the costs of the other car would be covered, but the policy would not cover the damages of the car you are driving. This is the very minimum level of cover you will need.
  • Third party, fire and theft: offers the same cover as third-party insurance, with the additional benefit of covering the vehicle in your possession in the event of fire damage or theft.
  • Comprehensive: this offers all the above benefits, but it also covers the costs of damaged occurred to your own vehicle. This offers you the best level of cover as a motor trader. But always remember you are only covered for the trade value of the vehicle insured.

Get a Quote

  • DD slash MM slash YYYY
  • DD slash MM slash YYYY
  • By submitting this form you agree to our Terms & Conditions & Privacy Policy

Who needs Road Risks Insurance?

Road risk insurance is perfect for all motor traders, regardless of whether they operate part-time or full-time. Traders need to have this insurance policy as a minimum to make sure they are covered to carry out their business on customer vehicles. Some traders may not even need the cover, depending on how they carry out their business. Road risk insurance is most common for traders who work from home, which is normally not considered to be a business premises.

Please be aware that this policy is not suitable for insuring multiple vehicles for personal use. Before setting up your insurance policy we will need to see proof that you are in fact a motor trader, this can vary from receipts to a trading name or website.

If you do operate from a business premises rather than at home, or if you employ staff, you may wish to take out the greater level of insurance cover that a motor trade combined insurance policy can offer. A motor trade combined policy offers you a much greater level of cover for things such as stock, buildings and employers’ liability.

Some of the most common motor traders who have a road risk insurance policy include:

  • Motor Trade Combined Insurance (could include)
  • Motor Traders (from home and premises)
  • Valeting (including Mobile Valeters)
  • MOT Stations
  • Full-Time Traders
  • Tyre and Exhaust Fitter
  • Service and Repair Garages
  • Window Tinting
  • Part Time Traders
  • Mobile Mechanics
  • Body Shops
  • Vehicle Recovery and Breakdown Agents

Get an insurance quote from 1st Choice today

Whatever your requirements, 1st Choice Insurance is here to help you get a road risk insurance quote. Call our friendly, experienced team on 01743 770 500 for a no obligation insurance quotation or use our Get a Quote Form to request a call back.

Found This Useful? Share It!